Wednesday, August 14, 2013

From Homeless to Working Because of Glasses

Colby is a 19-year-old growing up in Dallas where certain decisions changed his life. Thanks to a loving, generous aunt, and a pair of glasses Colby received through the Healthy Eyes Eyeglass program, Colby has been able to overcome life's challenges in order to make a better life for himself.

“Thank you so much for making it possible for me to get glasses," Colby said. "I have been homeless for a year. I quit high school and was living on the streets. My aunt helped me get back on my feet. To do anything with my life, [I had] to start with being able to see. My aunt paid for an eye exam. You covered my glasses. Now I’m working on my GED, getting my license, and I got a job this week! Thank you! God bless you!” 

PBT is very happy for Colby and proud of his recent accomplishments! We are so touched to know that we were able to help him reach his ambitious goals. We wish him all the best for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment